Saturday, September 26, 2009

Maeve Looking Like Mama

At Maeve's Baby Brunch in February, Moo gave me a little outfit that used to be mine. Of course, in my emotional state, it made me cry thinking that I was going to get to pass down some of my own childhood things to my little girl. This would be the first of many hand-me-downs of mine.


The little outfit is pink and made out of sweater material. Evidently clothes were not made for comfort back then. It feels very scratchy for little skin. It has some lace that Doo had to treat with Heaven's Best stain remover because the yellow had set in after all those years. While it is not the most attractive outfit, it was one that I remember hanging in Moo's closet as a little girl. I would ask, whose baby clothes, and she would say, "That used to be yours." Tony laughed at it when he saw it, noting the old style of it. He said, "Are you really going to make Maeve wear that?" It has been hanging in Maeve's room waiting for the perfect moment for her to wear it for a photo opportunity. Well, today was that moment. (I've been eyeballing the size, and almost waited too late!)


Here she is in a thirty year old outfit that her mama wore. She can make anything look good!



No comments:

Post a Comment