Monday, February 1, 2010

Four Years Old

The Boys in Stairstep Style


Cam turned four today!  After counting down the days for a few weeks, it's hard to believe this long-awaited day has now come and gone. 

He enjoyed a Tom & Jerry party with family last night.  Opening presents was definitely the highlight of the night for him.  He kept saying, "Yeah baby!"  "Look at this!" "You aren't ready for this!"  "I think I see a Tomy peeking out!"  With just a few kids, we still managed to keep with the T & J theme.  We played "Pin the Tail on Tom" and "Tom, Tom, Jerry" (like Duck, Duck, Goose).  All of the cool people also picked out their own ears to wear.  We had multiple gray Toms and several tan Jerrys running around. 

Today, the actual birthday, Tony and I both took half a day off and went to party at Cam's school.  We took cupcakes and goody bags.  We also took Maeve, which was Cam's request.  He wanted her to be able to come to his class.  We spent the day just enjoying our four year old. 

Tom Cam and Jerry Maeve (she had already shed her ears)

How can he be four already?  After he made me a mother, I realized that birthdays weren't really for the children at all.  They are a time for the mamas to reflect upon the great transformation; when you go from being just yourself to being someone's mother.  What was my life without him? 

In some ways it seems as though we've never been without him.  Each night as I'm tucking him in, I always tell him, "I love being your mama. You are my favorite little boy!"  Usually he says, "And I love being your son!"  Will he ever really know how much I love him? 


Happy Bithday, Cam! 

2 comments:

  1. This post made me tear up of course! I love Cam so much too! Our boys are growing up way too fast. Before we know it we will be old ladies wondering where and what our sons are doing. I love you CAM!!! Aunt Laura

    ReplyDelete