Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Linking the Present to the Past

This tractor has been in our family for a very long time.  It first belonged to Daddy John, who passed it down to Doo.  I remember many a bumpy rides standing on the side steps of this thing thinking that there just wasn't anything in the world that my daddy didn't know how to do.  From plowing our tiny garden to scraping a driveway, the uses for this old thing are endless.  I don't know what families without a tractor do!

I thought this was such a great picture of all four of Doo's grands having such a good time on their great-grandfather's 1940something Ford tractor.  (I may have this date wrong - Doo you'll have to correct me).  And although Daddy John wasn't there to see them "living the good-life" on his old tractor, his spirit of love and laughter could be felt by us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment