Sunday, May 2, 2010

Game Ball

After the trials and tribulations of practice, Cam has turned into quite the little t-baller!  He loves his games, his cheering section, and, most of all, his uniform!  Tony has been able to work around his high school baseball to do all of the practices and games until last Wednesday night when they both had make-up games.  I was a bit unnerved as to how Cam was going to respond without having his daddy in the dugout. 

Much to my surprise and the others who have watched him stuggle (especially with that team picture!), he went out there and did not miss a beat!  I was so proud of him.  I think his coach was equally as proud because he awarded him the "game ball!"  I could have just cried, but I held it together behind my sunglasses. 

He didn't really know what getting the game ball meant, only that others had gotten one.  He said, "You mean I get to keep this ball forever?!"  When we got home, he ran upstairs and displayed it on his bookshelf.  He's decided that you can't play with a game ball. 


May this be the first of many! 

No comments:

Post a Comment