Saturday, November 19, 2011

Kindergarten Kid (Part II)





Cam is having a great time in kindergarten.  He is learning so much already.  I am so glad that he likes school.  I never realized how much I would enjoy having him with me at school.  I love running in to him in random places throughout the school.  He still runs up and gives me a hug when I walk in to the cafeteria.  We have gotten used to our morning ride-in routine and the afternoons when he has to hang around while I finish up working. 

He recently participated in the Eagle Run/Walk where he tried to run as many laps in the gym as he could in 12 minutes.  He was able to complete 28.  I got to pop in and out during the running time.  He was really running hard. I think he has his daddy's competitive nature.   He also rode the bus for the first time on their trip to the pumpkin patch.  He talked about the bus ride more than the cool things he did at the patch.  While brushing his teeth on 11/8, one of his wiggly teeth feel out.  He came running in to report the news!  Then, the very next day, I pulled his other one in the cafeteria at school.  He isn't really a snaggle tooth because his permanant ones were already peeking through. 

He is growing up so fast.  I think the scariest thing to me is that when I started teaching, I remember having a few teaching friends who had kindergartners or first graders, and now those same little ones are big ones in high school.  Before I know it, my kindergarten kid will be an all-grown-up-one.  Trying to soak up every little part of him. 

One of my favorite rituals with him is lying with him every night and saying prayers with him.  He likes for me to lay with him until he's asleep.  We are trying to get him to feel comfortable just being tucked in and not having to have someone lay with him.  I haven't really pushed this goal because I know, all too soon, this nighttime moment will be lost just like those two front teeth.  Love you, Cam....my favorite little boy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment