Saturday, April 14, 2012

Spring Hunts

Maeve's first egg hunt of the year was at her preschool.  I was lucky enough to be there for the hunt and festivities. She didn't quite know the point of an egg hunt is to find the most eggs.  She was more interested in looking pretty and smiling because he mama was at her school.  (A rare event since I neither take her or pick her up.  :-(  )  She realized after the hunt was over that she probably should have looked harder and faster for the eggs.  She said to anyone who asked her about the day, "I didn't find many eggs."

Later that night, we hunted at church.  The hunt was on for her this time as she scurried around finding as many eggs as she could.  She was a huntress for sure!  I was sad that Cam didn't want to hunt with his blue gingham basket anymore.  He opted for something a bit less frilly. He was disappointed that he was still grouped with the little kids for the hunt.  But, it worked to his advantage for sure!

At Nonna and Pop's the next weekend, they both got to dye some hard boiled eggs.  They hunted those and realized that you must be careful with the real eggs or they will roll out of your basket and crack!  As the night came upon us, we tried a pintrest way to hunt.  We put glow sticks in plastic eggs and hunted at night.  I must say it was pretty cool.  I can only imagine how many times I would have made someone hide glowing eggs for me when I was little!

Cam came home with a homemade bunny bag filled with 28 eggs from school!  He was excited about sharing his loot with us.

While we never ran in to the Easter Bunny this season, we sure did run into a mess of eggs!  Now, if anyone needs plastic eggs for next year, please hit me up before you go buy any more.  I have them sorted into four gallon sized baggies by various shapes and color schemes.

No comments:

Post a Comment