Wednesday, October 31, 2012

American Girl

Maeve was finally old enough for us to take a trip to American Girl.  The occasion was my birthday.  She just so happened to be our cover up necessitating the trip!

We took my vintage Bitty Baby that she has shown a whole lot of extra love to after seeing it in the American Girl store.  Bitty was my last baby doll.  I think I was about 11 when I got this baby so it was well taken care of.  When Maeve turned one, Moo passed it down to her.  Maeve has lovingly referred to Bitty as Carlet.  Carlet and Maeve were dressed alike for our big adventure, and boy did they turn some heads when we got there!



I had intended on purchasing a few updated items for this baby and possibly scoping out a potential American Doll to add to Santa's list.  However, after seeing her reaction to the big dolls, I knew the scenario was likely going to turn out to be the other way around.  We looked in the store first before enjoying our meal in the bistro.

Maeve was eager to sit down at a table so that she could slide Carlet up in the seat right beside her.  When the waitress brought out a little cup for the doll, I think Maeve had to catch her breath a little bit.  It was so much fun to have everyone in on the imagination!

We left after picking out a real doll - not a baby - who closely resembles Maeve.  She has blonde hair and blue eyes.  The difference is that the doll's pig tails are straighter than Maeve's.  I think it may be a good thing not to have so curly locked girls to tend to!

I am looking forward to this doll hobby for years to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment