Saturday, December 8, 2012

Freeze Please

No, I am not talking about the weather as we are enjoying 60s and 70s in December.  I am talking about time.  I have been reminded over and over again this season that having a six year old and a three year old in the house is very special.  They are relishing each tradition:  hanging the stockings, decorating the tree, spotting "Happy Birthday Jesus" lights, hearing familiar Christmas songs, and catching their breaths when they see presents.  Maeve asks on a daily basis, "Is it Christmas?"  She was convinced the morning after I had wrapped a few presents and put them under the tree that it surely was Christmas when she woke up and found presents under the tree.  Cam enjoys hunting for Elfis each day.  Overhearing him quietly talking to the little elf that visits Santa each night reminds me just how sweet it is to be six.
The first gifts of the season

Puppet show with B

Elfis brought cans of snow!

Cam's snowman

It was a little messy for Maeve, but she dug around in it too.  

As I put up Christmas pictures from years past, I realized that I wanted to take so many pictures of them this year.  To bottle up my toothless boy and my messy haired girl so that I can always remember them just like they are now.  They make my life hectic and nonstop from sunup to sundown.  Sometimes I feel like I have no brain because of all the extra thinking and details I have to attend to.  But I know I would be lost without them.  I am glad that I don't have time to do all the things on my wishlist - I have little socks to match and endless toys to carry back up stairs.  I have bookbags to unpack and lunches to repack.  I have books to read and covers to tuck.

Thank you, Lord, for this precious time.  These surely are the days!
Parade Watching
Mama missed it this year, but Daddy made sure they got to be there!  

1 comment:

  1. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog
    and wanted to say that I've truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!
    Also see my webpage :: What is addiction?

    ReplyDelete