Sunday, June 1, 2014

Just Do It

Cam decided a few weeks ago that it was time for him to be baptized. I told him about our church having a water baptism service coming up. He told me that he already had Jesus in his heart, but we prayed together and gave Him an official invitation. He still wasn't sure if he was ready to be baptized. He wanted to know if he could let us know the day before the service. I told him it definitely needed to be before then.
Well all it took was for him to hear about his big cousin Carson being baptized. Cam knew that having Carson there with him would be just the amount of courage he needed to get up in front of all the people at church and make it official. 

And it really was perfect for my sister and me. The two of them reminded us of the two of us many years ago who got baptized together on the very same day.
In his video that he recorded a week before the service, he sad that he wanted to follow Jesus' example in baptism. He said Jesus spoke to his heart and said, "Just do it!"

"if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment