Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Summer- Ahhh!

There is no possible way for me to put into words how much I love my summers. I depend on my summers. I live for my summers. Summers are quite possibly the number one perk of my profession. 

Unless you are a teacher, you don't fully understand how taxing each day of the school year can be. The constant state of being "on" is purely exhausting. Once the school year begins, the work week is nearly 24/7 as you are always thinking about how to tweak your instruction to meet the needs of your fresh group of learners- their needs, their parents needs, and the needs of the administration. Teachers are at the beck and call of whoever needs them.


So for the few weeks of summer, I get to focus on my needs- what needs to be done around the house after a school year of neglect, what I need to do to make me feel better and live more healthy, what I need to do with my children that I don't get to do during the year, what book I need to read, what movie I need to watch, what hobby I need to investigate, what friend I need to reach out to, what latest teaching trend I need to investigate. As you can see, the list is really endless. And, no, it won't all get taken care of before the school year pace picks up again, but a girl can dream. 




No comments:

Post a Comment