Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter




We enjoyed our Easter Sunday. You know I am crazed about having my babies match for church, so I had the outfits planned out and ready even before Maeve was born. I didn't realize how hard getting a picture of my babies in blue would be though. Cam was busy with everything else and had very little time to slow down for a photo shoot. Maeve was either sleeping or fretting over the bonnet getting in her eyes. I hope when I look back at these pictures I'll remember all these little details.

We had lots of family time including lunch at our house and then the traditional egg hunt at Aunt Laura's. In between it all Cam digested several pounds of sugar from all the candy he insisted on consuming. He's nothing like me...he has to eat everything the instant he sees it, whereas as a child, I always liked to save my treats.

The sweetest thing today besides the Little House on the Prarie baby was Cam at church. He was very excited to be able to carry his very own Bible that he received in his Easter basket. I'm looking forward to reading it with him because it's divided up into easily understandable stories, and each story has a song that goes with it. He was excited in general and kept asking, "Is Jesus coming?" "Is He here yet?" Although those questions seemed very childlike, spoken by someone who cannot grasp the depth of this intricate story, they can also be very profound. We don't really know when Jesus is coming back, but we have to be ready for we certainly don't want to miss Him!

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited that you started a blog! I tried, but mine didn't last too long! :) Maeve is sooo sweet! I have her announcement posted on my fridge so I can see her each day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete