Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Getting in to a Routine


Getting back into a working/school mode has been even harder than I imagined. I feel like I am running from the time my feet hit the floor till the time my head finally rests on the pillow. There were several times last week when I found my mind drifting into thoughts such as..."What can I do to still make money and but have more time at home with my babies?" It's not that I don't like teaching, it's just that it's VERY demanding from a physical, mental, and emotional standpoint. I think my body is in shock as it's had to go from not working at all to 10 and 12 hours of working each day.


I found myself trying to do a little bargaining with God..."Lord, I will do ______ and ______ and ________ (fill in the blanks with awesome works for His Kingdom) if you let us win the lottery so that I don't have to work." So far, I think He's telling me that His mission for me is right here in my current situation.


I pray for strength. Lord, help me be both a devoted mother and a jam-up teacher all rolled into one. Help me remember that you have the power to move mountains; therefore this little request is a simple one for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment