Saturday, August 29, 2009

So Proud!


While I am usually posting something about being proud of my babies, this time it's about Tony! He was selected as Teacher of the Year at his school! While he's acting all humble about it, like he was shocked that he was selected, I am not. I'm telling everyone who cares to listen. I know how hard he works to make sure his classroom is a place where students are getting exactly what they need and more. He really does have a special way that he connects with those high schoolers. And while I've never seen him teach, I have seen the way his former students respond to him as they run in to him while we are out and about. I can tell that he's one of those teachers who leaves a lasting impact.
He was reflecting on this honor and noting how many capacities he has served students in his ten years of teaching: two schools, math, CTAE, coaching. Being the math nerd that he is, he said, "I've done alot in my teaching career. You know, this is 1/3 of my career so far." Gotta love him!
Tony, if you ever read this, you know you do really have a special gift. I am so proud of all you do. Teaching is just the tip of your iceberg! I love my TOTY!

No comments:

Post a Comment