Friday, February 24, 2012

SuperDooper Six

Cam has been counting down his birthday since his last birthday.  He loves getting older.  I think he feels like he is catching up to his boys.  This year we decided to do a combined birthday blast at Disney World.  So, that meant no big parties (less planning on my part for sure), but I couldn't let the day just go by.
One of the baloons that hung on his doorway.  The special 6 sticker compliments of Melissa.
Our bedroom is Cam's morning dressing room.  Had to decorate it too!

So, Cam had a special day from morning till night.  The day began with morning presents.  He tore into the three presents we had for him (one from each of us).  His daddy took him for a special before school breakfast.  Then, I ate pizza with him at lunch and helped him pass out his cookie pops to his class.  After school, CG picked him up, which is always a special treat.  When I got to her house to get them, he started asking about who all might be coming to our house tonight.  I tried to let him down gently, but as far as I knew, no one was coming.  He couldn't understand why everybody wasn't coming to our house for a birthday dinner.

Cam and his cookie pop
Little did he know, we were planning a little surprise for him.  This is something he had requested several times throughout the year: "Mom, I want a surprise party.  You should plan a surprise party for me."  I kept insisting that is he told me how to do a surprise party for him, that it wouldn't be much of a surprise.
The Family Dinner

When we went home, he was a little on the sad side because his daddy was at baseball, and as far as he knew, the three of us would be the only ones at home to help him continue his celebration.  He was feeling a little pitiful for himself.  He said, "Mama, you could have made dinner for everyone."  I played along and said, "I had not planned to make anything. What could make now?"  His quick response was, "Hamburger Helper!"  I told him that we would just go meet Daddy after his practice at the cheese dip store. He was very disappointed with this.  He really didn't want to leave the house just in case someone came by to wish him a happy birthday.
After going around to welcome his guests, he started to tear into presents.

I must say the pressure to reveal the surprise almost got the best of me.  However, I held strong under the most severe pressure.  In the car on the way, he was looking out the window and he said, "All I really wanted was a family dinner."  Poor thing!  He was experiencing his first ever birthday disappointment.
All of the Little Guests

Posing with his cake.  
Needless to say, we when arrived at the restaurant, he was thrilled to see a huge table of "family" sitting with his dad.  He was grinning from ear to ear and seemed to be pleasantly surprised with his surprise party. I was a little nervous about this part because he doesn't always do well without knowing what it coming. When we returned home that night, he said, "That was the best party for a six year old!"  Another successful celebration!
Showing out....just like his daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment