Sunday, January 20, 2013

The Pitter Patter of Little Feet

In many ways, I feel we have arrived. We have gotten beyond so many of the milestones involved in the beginning stages of parenting. We are not plagued with packing a diaper bag each time we leave. We don't even have to worry about having an extra set of clothes "just in case." We don't have to buy separate food because our little ones eat what is on the menu.

We fit into the stage of enjoyment for the most part; we have some breathing room. We have arrived at the place where they both can be independent, but don't feel the need to test the boundaries too much.

We hear tiny footsteps creeping down the stairs in the wee hours of the morning. I don't know if it is the silent stare or the breath on my face that awakens me when the creeping was sleuth-like and I didn't even hear the pitter patter. We usually retreat and just allow an extra visitor between us o the remainder of the night.

Cam dressed like he's 100 years old on the 100th day of school
We have atleast a running list of 100+ questions a day to answer. They range from very simple (Mom, have you ever had had diarrhea?) to very complex (So, I noticed the number on the bus was 6-25. That is like subtraction but with negative numbers. Can you tell me all about negative numbers?) My question is usually, "How do I respond to this one?"

 Maeve who had to come home and practice her techniques after the Gym Dawg Meet
So, although I have a few daily setbacks- like walking slowly so that someone can practice her balance beam skills on the nearest curb or I have to feel the gums that the missing tooth left behind- I have it good these days. Gonna try to keep up with them and appreciate them just as they are as they continue to grow and change right before my very eyes!





1 comment:

  1. I’m not that much of a internet reader to be honest but your
    blogs really nice, keep it up! I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back in the future. Cheers
    My site > superyacht charter marketing

    ReplyDelete